What are the performance characteristics of Pin header?
Pin header is a kind of connector, which is widely used in electronic, electrical, instrument PCB circuits. Its function is to be blocked or isolated between circuits. It acts as a bridge to perform signal transmission tasks; also It can be used with electronic terminals to form line connections; it can also be used alone for inter-board connections.
It has the following technical features:
1. The operation is convenient. The connector is usually the interface for the communication between the PCB main board and the external components. The pin header is very resistant, and sometimes it will not be damaged when it encounters considerable external force.
2. Components assembled by through-hole technology are more reliable than SMT components. Stable even with hard pulling, squeezing or heat shock.
3. The pin header processing used for field wiring in the industrial field is generally a high-power component, which can meet different transmission high-voltage and high-current requirements.
4. The characteristics of the pin header components are that they are carefully designed and easy to attach. There are obvious differences in size and assembly form with the through-hole pins.
5. The pin header has the strength of resistance. Refers to the ability to withstand the rated test voltage between the matching pins, between the contacts or between the contacts and the housing.
6. The general pin header and female header can adapt to the attenuation caused by electromagnetic interference and the shielding ability of electromagnetic interference.
7. The contact resistance of the pin header is small, and the contact resistance can be as small as tens of milliseconds.
How to choose a pin header?
Pin headers are widely used in smart meters, instruments, PCB circuit boards, UPS, inverters, driving recorders, anti-theft devices, network switches, routers, notebook computers, digital products and smart devices. It acts as a bridge between the circuits that are cut off or isolated in the circuit, and plays the role of current and signal transmission. It is usually used in combination with the female header to form a board-to-board connection; or combined with the electronic harness end to form a board-to-wire connection; it can also be used independently for board-to-board connection.
Processing technology of pin header and female header: First, the metal part is formed by a mold, then a coating is added, and tin plating or gold plating is selected, and then the insulator part is processed with a mold, and the pins are embedded in the insulator according to the size requirements with special equipment.